The Public Theater is seeking a dynamic production member to assist on the logistics of our upcoming Mobile Unit tour. This is a full-time seasonal overhire position, paid hourly with overtime after 40 hours. The position will run approximately August 20 through October 28.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
- Working with creative, producing, and production staff to realize the theater’s production within the agreed budget parameters and available resources under the supervision of the Production Manager.
- Collaborate closely with the Mobile Unit show team (Producers, Company Manager, Production Manager, and Stage Manager) to create a smooth tour.
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings in Outlook, note taking, general filing and organization.
- Creation and maintenance of paperwork including tour schedules, packing lists, and inventory documents.
- Coordinate rehearsal room load ins, load outs, and daily tour stops with supervision from the Production Manager.
- Attend production meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as asked.
- Assist loading and unloading vehicles on tour.
- Navigate and assist tour technician as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of stage management, production management or comparable experience preferred.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, paperwork, and communication skills.
- Successful candidates will have experience building collaborative relationships with a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong preference of candidate interested in pursuing Production Management.
- Must be willing and able to enter secure facilities (homeless shelters, prisons).
- Tour experience not necessary.
- Positive attitude is a must.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.